First United Methodist Church
Friday, May 24, 2013
Loving God - Sharing God's Love - Making Disciples
Chancel Choir for Adults meets Wednesdays at 7 PM.
It is good to praise the Lord and make music to Your name, O Most High Psalm 92:1
Time to sign up for choirs!
Please pick up choir forms in the narthex
or the front office and return them to Joni
by August 16th.
Wednesday August 19th
Chancel Choir will start back up on
at 7 PM in the music room.
Tuesday September 8th after school.
Joyful Choir–1st-5th grade-will resume
Wednesday September 9th
Seekers- Junior and Senior High Youth Choir,
Joyful Ringers-elementary handbells
and Adult Firebells will begin.
Times to be set later.
We welcome new members to rehearse each Wednesday evening with us
Top Ten reasons to Join the Choir
10. People in the congregation look up to you (in the loft)
9. A great way to express yourself!
8. Good therapy! (Music soothes the savage beast)
7. You are ready to take your act out of shower and into the loft.
6. Even when the church is full—you will have a seat!
5. The choir chairs are more comfortable than the pews!
4. No audition or solos required!
3. Bird’s eye view of who’s sleeping during the sermon!
2. Make new friends—keep the old ones!
1. Praise God. God is calling you!
Singing is mentioned over 800 times in the Bible!
It is good to praise the Lord
and make music to Your name, O Most High.